Get a sick note for work

The NHS provides sickness certification only after seven continuous days of illness. If you need a sick note for your employer to cover the first 3-7 days of sickness, you should complete a Self-Certification (SC2) form. This is available from your employer, the HMRC website, or see the options below:

Click here to complete your SC2 form online

Click here to download your SC2 form

Please contact the GP surgery as you normally would for a routine appointment as it may be necessary to arrange to discuss your request with a GP.

No. You do not need to see your GP again to be ‘signed back to work’.